Blueroomelectronics PB01 Prototyping board, Opinions welcome (picture)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueroomelectronics

Here's a simple PCB for prototyping. It was built by request and fits a Hammond 1591B Case same as the Inchworm.
Comments?
**broken link removed**

Pretty much, its a simple thing and should be fairly cheap. The only two things are size and switch support (those switches are hard to mount nicely on 0.1" PCBs)

Does it really need 8 switches? How about 4 and maybe a couple other connectors on the other side, perhaps a serial port. Those things are impossible to mount on .1 space boards too, and really handy. I'm not sure of the dimensions but you could possibly make accommodation for either an Rs232 port or a parallel port on one side? I think they use the same standard zigzag pattern except for their mounting points. Maybe a pair of bus strips at the top in between the two screws as well.

Hmm, not bad. I could mount a DE9 connector in place of 4 switches. may as well add the max232 and caps.

Bus strips like power & gnd?

DB9 and MAX232, VCC and GND bus would nice for sure.

Maybe a spot for a regulator and filter caps (for the bus). I have a 5VDC regulated wall wart, but my son grabs it for his ipod to charge in his room (I made him a little USB board, my mistake).

This way most people can grab a 9-12VDC transformer and have 5 volts on the proto board to the bus.

Also, maybe double pads shorted together to drop parts and wires in, cutting down on the wires?

You already have + and - bus lines on the lower part of the board, I was just thinking about maybe an extra set of bus lines at the top of the board like solderless bread boards have.

Bill, not sure if I showed you this one, and it is messy but it might be something for ideas Microchip wise. I know you can make it look nice.

Add more proto holes. Maybe remove the 12F socket. I think I have a 16F? version of it as well. I know I have a 12F version.

It is nice, has ICD2 plug, power and I can program either size chips (8/18) and do light wiring on it.

Attachments

• new13.gif
    24.2 KB · Views: 175
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…