Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bluetooth problem

Brizz

I am making a system for a friend to help him filming wildlife. At the moment I have an Infra red beam system which triggers the camera when a beam is broken. I want to expand the system using other sensors.
The filming sequence may be started by the IR beam sensor but then the filming period could be extended if movent was detected by another sensor. This other sensor could be another IR beam sensor or perhaps a PIR sensor or a pressure mat or whatever.

I am looking for a radio system to link these different sensors together. They probably wont be very far apart but I think the radio link will be better than using a hard wire link.

I have been experimenting with HC-05 bluetooth modules. I read that these modules draw about 5mA when idle, this I feel is tolerable for my battery powered gadgets. But right now I have 2 modules, one configured as master and one as slave, in front of me and the slave is drawing 19mA, the master is drawing the expected 5mA. Both appear to be linked, doing their slow flashing and no data is being sent either way, in fact they only have power connections, no data connections at all. I have tried reconfigureing both modules so that the master is now the slave and vice versa but the slave always draws the higher current.

Can anyone explain this and tell me how to get the lower current draw that I need for this project.

Thanks in anticipation

Latest threads

Back