Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Brushless Motors

Status
Not open for further replies.

DIY58

Hi I'm wondering if anyone has experienced this problem or has a solution to it which costs less than the OEM parts.
Pictured here is two fan blower motors for a zero clearance fireplace. These motors sit in the lower portion of the fireplace and circulate room air into and around the heat box then to the ducting above the unit to warm air ducts connected to it. There is no hot air being passed through these motors but the area around them can get warm but not exactly really hot.
These motors are beginning to fail due to age mostly the specs are 115VAC, 50/60Hz, 24/22W, Impedance protected Class B Insulated. The outside dimensions are 4 5/8" X 4 5/8" with a 5 blade fan and a diameter of 4 1/4" .
The OEM parts costs $300.00, so I'm quite sure there's something that will be suitable for much less than than that out there I just have to find it.
If anyone has information that will help it would be greatly appreciated.
Ron

Check out any of the on-line or brick/mortar electronic sites. Mouser, Jameco, Digikey, Radio Shack. They all have what are sometimes called "whisper" fans of various dimensions and power for WAY less than 300USD.

They be 12 vdc but a small power supply can be had for a small price and can power both.

Just about any of the 120V ones here should work:
**broken link removed**
Or, check out the other sites cowboy bob lists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back