Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Buffer and highpass combined

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikee55

Hi all,can anyone give me a circuit which combines a 12 db highpass at @7hz and acts as an input buffer.I need this as a first stage in a subwoofer circuit,my design uses 8 op-amps and I would like the unit to have a low power consumption and thought combining the above would reduce the demand by 1 op-amp. :)

This may be what you want?

Attachments

• hipass.gif
    hipass.gif
    22.4 KB · Views: 369
Bear in mind though, this circuit really requires a buffer in front of it, to give it a low impedance feed - but as long as the circuit you feed it from has a low impedance output you should be OK.

Russlk said:
I ran a simulation and the cap values in the circuit are correct. The design program was written 30+ years ago, so I am glad to know it has not had an error that long!
What I was pointing out was that he was asking for 7 Hertz cutoff, not 72 Hertz. That's why I said change the caps to 100nF.

Thanks guys

Your help is gratefully appreciated.So can I fabricate a PCB now?
Kind Regards mikee55 :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back