Buffer and highpass combined

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikee55

Hi all,can anyone give me a circuit which combines a 12 db highpass at @7hz and acts as an input buffer.I need this as a first stage in a subwoofer circuit,my design uses 8 op-amps and I would like the unit to have a low power consumption and thought combining the above would reduce the demand by 1 op-amp.

Bear in mind though, this circuit really requires a buffer in front of it, to give it a low impedance feed - but as long as the circuit you feed it from has a low impedance output you should be OK.

I ran a simulation and the cap values in the circuit are correct. The design program was written 30+ years ago, so I am glad to know it has not had an error that long!

Russlk said:
I ran a simulation and the cap values in the circuit are correct. The design program was written 30+ years ago, so I am glad to know it has not had an error that long!
What I was pointing out was that he was asking for 7 Hertz cutoff, not 72 Hertz. That's why I said change the caps to 100nF.

Thanks guys

Your help is gratefully appreciated.So can I fabricate a PCB now?
Kind Regards mikee55

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…