Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Buffer type device

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtomSoft

Hey all, Im looking for something thats like a buffer. Ok what i need is a IC that will take a parallel input... at least 8 bits and store it on its output when i latch it...

Like ...

I set PORTA on my PIC to 0x01 and latch the IC so i can then change PORTA to 0x02 and the IC still has 0x01 on its output until i latch the 0x02...

What can do this?

Octal latch. Made in several logic families. Part# usually ends in '373

Thanks a ton BILL ... you thing this would work? I want to create 3 PORTS from 1 port. Of course OUTPUT ONLY! heh :D

Attachments

• idea.jpg
    idea.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 148
My goal is i latch the data to all of them but only output to 1 then latch to all and output to another etc.... Since the internal info doesnt affect the OUTPUTs...

The 373 is a common latch, it works like eight D flip-flops. It's also tri-state. Really popular part in old computers. Should work exactly as you expect.

Im making my order today for these. Im ordering 3 DIP and 9 SOIC .. the DIP will be for testing and SOIC for board heh Thanks again friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back