Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Buffer with LF353

Status
Not open for further replies.

welllll

Hello Electro Tech users. I am an electronic student and i'd like to create a simple buffer with the LF353 opamp. My schematics is attached in this post. Could you please tell me why is this happening?

Cumps,
Well

Attachments

• buffer doesnt work.jpg
    buffer doesnt work.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 637
hi,
The LF353 is not really suited to single supply operation, especially at such a low supply voltage.
The output of the LF353 will limit at approx 1.5V to 2V less than the supply.

You need to get an OPA thats designed to work from a single low supply and has a rail to rail output range. eg: MCP6002

Ian i tried that scheme and it doesn't work =/. Output is always equal to 0.7 V.

With a low single supply voltage the output will not go lower than approx 0.7V or higher than about 1.5V

The amplifier type is NOT suitable for that application.

Thank you ericgibbs. I dont have a rail-to-rail output opamp with single suply but i've already ordered that MCP6002 from microchip =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back