Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Build help

Status
Not open for further replies.

solrac

Hello, i'm new here i just wanted to know if someone can guide me to a name or to something i can go and see if i can build this little project:

I have a gps (from china) that i need to use on the car,
the problem is that i need it to turn on when the car accessory (or engine) is on, but it has a button (like a cellular) that you need to press like for half a second in order to turn it on.

I tough i could use a relay or something like that to do this but i don't know how to send that "signal" for that half second.... and then stop.
anyways it will have to do it every time the car is turned on.

Thank you.

Can you get inside the GPS and wire to the terminals on the back of the built-in push switch? Are you powering the GPS directly on the car's electrical system, or through a DC adapter which reduces the voltage to ~5V?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back