Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Building a battery charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

juan123

I want to build a battery charger that shuts off when the battery is fully charged. I have a 12v, 18Ah battery that I want to be charged without me having to check if it is charged completely. I'd also like to have a bicolor LED that is red when the battery isn't fully charged and when it is, the LED is green. Could you send me a simple schematic for me to build? I am a newbie.

Thanks!!!

juan123 said:
I want to build a battery charger that shuts off when the battery is fully charged. I have a 12v, 18Ah battery that I want to be charged without me having to check if it is charged completely. I'd also like to have a bicolor LED that is red when the battery isn't fully charged and when it is, the LED is green. Could you send me a simple schematic for me to build? I am a newbie.

Thanks!!!

Here is the schematic that i think what you exactly want.

R1= 1Kohms D1= 1N4001 T1= 220V/17V 4A Transformer
R2= 1.2Kohms D2= 6.8V 0.5W zener LD1= Green LED
R3= 470 ohms TR1= 4.7Kohms trimmer LD2= Red LED
R4= 470 ohms Q1= BTY79 or similar 6A SCR M1= 0-5A DC Ampere meter
R5= 10Kohms Q2= C106D SCR S1= 10A D/P On – Off Switch
C1= 10uF 25V GR1= 50V 6A Bridge Rectifier F= 5A Fuse

Attachments

• car_baterry_charger.gif
    car_baterry_charger.gif
    7.7 KB · Views: 1,060
**broken link removed** a 3A (per section) dual charger that should do the trick for you. While this design is for a dual charger, each section is identical and independent, apart from the panel meter and the meter selector switch, though they do share a common front end. As such, it would be a simple matter to simplify it to a single charger section.

This charger is not designed to turn off; rather it is designed to supply a "holding" current once the battery charge is up to the recommended level.

This 3ax2-charger PDF file is 25 MB and if some of you have problems downloading it here it is in a smaller version:

Ante :roll:

Attachments

• charger.zip
    485.6 KB · Views: 262
  • charger.zip
    485.6 KB · Views: 273
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back