Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Building an Inductor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pre_Shan

Requirement - To construct a 680uH inductor by winding and measurement.

I know this has been asked before. But the solutions have been rather general. I tried building an oscillator around the trial inductor, but did not succeed.

I'm going to use this inductor in the Pickit 2 circuit. I donot know any other details of the application, like operating frequency etc.

Help me with a circuit to measure the inductor.

Thanks.
PS.

The PICkit2 inductor does not have to be exactly 680uH it will adjust for quite a wide range of inductors. 470uH thru 840uH work fine.

Thanks. I'm actually building your PK2 Lite ;)

At my place the max moulded inductor i can get is 47uH. So i have to wind my own.

So I can jus try winding different no. of turns and use it in the PK2 and see if it works (without measuring it prior)? Will I do any harm to my USB in the process?

HI,
I also faced the same problem and here is how I overcame it, I build a superprobe around a pic16f870 which gives me the inductance of a coil form the range of .1 to 999.9mH so i took some transformer wire and wound it around on a pen till i got around .6 on the meter, didnt think it wud wrk but it did and I am quite happy about it...
mail me at josey.mathew@gmail and i will send u a photo of the same

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back