Building First Pic Programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having a prob getting mplab to produce a *.hex file. I am using the code form this tutorial:

**broken link removed**

I copy the code for the LED flash circuit and paste it to mplab. I then try to produce a *.hex file from it but have yet to do so. PLEASE HELP.

Tools or equipment being used are:

JDM Programmer

MPLAB IDE v7.51

pic16f84a

Disregard, I figured it out.

yes this multiPIC seems to be the best choice.small and simple to built and seems like it can program most PIC's.
so has any one tested this before?how did it worked.is it bug free?

student1616 said:
yes this multiPIC seems to be the best choice.small and simple to built and seems like it can program most PIC's.
so has any one tested this before?how did it worked.is it bug free?

Hi, Student1616,

It all depends on your PC motherboard / Laptop if newer 3.3 machines may have a problem. even with normal machines, you have to call the file and wait for a 30 to 60sec, for the electrolytics to charge to be able to supply Vpp.

if you go thro www.Hamradioindia.com corum, you find lot of cross posts relating to this item.

Finally many fail due to ignorence of Trasistor polarities or leads identifications-- you may perhaps use wimpic800 software in conjuction--
Finally a Note of CAUTION-- FENG3 communicated in the schematicitself NOT to connect PC body to Programmer body.
All the best

so you think its ok to use this programmer.
i want to built one(kinda permanent) which can program most of the regular PIC's.so i thought multiPIC will work.but it seems to have lot of problem.
so do u suggest any other programmer(simple to built with PCB layout)
and thanks for the reply.
sarma zee

I only said that you may read and appreciate the issues in PIC programmers. every programmer may , i fear, have some issues. and they surface only after we make / purchase it. we have to analyse and resolve them.

i know of one person who was hating PICKIT2 (USB based programmer)
sold by Microchip

USB based ? that could be costly.
and iam still a hobbiest .my current level is just getting the code from net and burning it on chip.soon i'll learn developing my own code.
so i am just wana know ur experiences with these chip burners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…