Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Building Small Death Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to use a 12VDC 2 amp motor to carry the weight of my fabrication. The problem is I'm using a 9 volt battery and remote control car circuitry to power it. I've devised a circuit that I believe should work, but I'm not happy with it. For one, Ive used two twelve volt batteries. Second, my diode positioning doesn't seem right even though it seems to work when I follow it.

I'm new to electronics. My only exposure to the topic is a Naval training course which is not by any means helpful.

I would either like someone to confirm that it works, or possibly show me a much better concept.

My circuit is set up like this because the motor needs the ability to turn the output shaft forward or in reverse, and I can't use twelve volts in the RC circuit because it will fry.

Schematic:

Hopefully it worked.

Attachments

• Death Machine Schematics.PNG
    Death Machine Schematics.PNG
    14.3 KB · Views: 235
Hi FCSN_Man_of_the_year,

You could do it with one battery if your relays had two "make"
contacts, but I assume they haven't because you would have
designed your circuit accordingly.
The led's aren't designed to carry two amps and they aren't so
happy with "large" reverse voltages. Select a series resistor of
approx. 1K to limit the current through the led's.

on1aag.

Attachments

• Motor controller.PNG
    Motor controller.PNG
    13.3 KB · Views: 189
That would work but I don't see why you don't use a single 12V supply and a full h-bridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back