Buzzer circuit , need help !

Status
Not open for further replies.

flemmard

Hi all,
I'm using this buzzer circuit for my project.It's not working.I double checked my circuit.Can you guys tell me whether the circuit is right ?

And in first
NE555 chip, is the 2nd pin connected to 6th like in the right NE555?
Please provide me if you have better and easier one.

Thanks.​

hi,
Which circuit would that be,,, none posted?​

An 8 ohm speaker is like a dead short to the output of a 555 and might have destroyed it. The 555 is not a power amplifier.

If the power supply is 12V then the very first pulse would try to charge the output capacitor through the 8 ohm speaker with a current of 1.2A but the max allowed is only 200mA. The next pulse would try to discharge the output capacitor with 1.2A but only 200mA is allowed.

hi,
You will find it easier to use a piezo sounder, the 8hm: speaker is not suitable

Look at these for ideas.

**broken link removed**

That piezo has a built in oscillator so it isn't suitable for this circuit.

You need a piezo transducer without an internal driver like this:
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

The sounder resonates at 46kHz according to Maplin. It will deafen all the dogs in the neighbourhood. But we won't hear anything.

I wonder why it is called a sounder if it can't be heard.
Since Maplin are so wrong about it then they should have said it emits light.

hi flemmard,

To avoid confusion, I am not suggesting that you drive a sounder with the two 555's circuit.

Buy a sounder that will give out a tone of about 3KHz thru 5KHz when it has a Vdc applied.

You can buy sounders of this type that will give out a tone when you apply 3Vdc thru 15Vdc.

If you want to boost the sound level use a 'sound bomb' and drive it with a transistor which in turn is driven by your PIC port output.
[same as the motor circuit posted on your other thread]

As you have a PIC in your project, its cheaper and more efficient for the PIC signal to drive the sounder than two 555's.

Piezo transducers are cheaper than buzzers with the in-built driver circuit, if you're going to use a PIC then you might as well driver the transducer directly rom the PIC. If you want more power then h-bridge it by using another IO pin with the anti-phase waveform on it. If you want it to be really loud then you could add a couple of transistors and an 8:1k audio transformer but it would be far cheaper to the go for the sound bomb idea in this case.

audioguru said:
Since Maplin are so wrong about it then they should have said it emits light.

LOL!

If you just want the thing to buzz you can do that with a single switch and a 555 in astable mode!

Thank you Gibbs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…