Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bypassing an optical sensor in a tape deck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digital_Utopia

Hi all, I was hoping someone with more electronics knowledge than myself (which is pretty basic) could give me a bit of information on a particular type of optical sensor, and an idea on how to bypass them.

I'm trying to replace a broken tape deck in a vehicle with a simple line-in jack. Most of this is pretty straight forward, however I ran into a bit of difficulty with what appears to be a set of optical sensors that I assume verifies that the reels are spinning at the correct/same speed

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

The problem of course is that these reels will not be spinning and therefore the main board will attempt to "flip" the tape, causing audio to cut in and cut out repeatedly. So I'd like to see if there's a way to bypass these sensors to make the unit think the reels are spinning.Unfortunately I have absolutely no idea how these things work exactly, so if anybody could give me a clue, I'd appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back