C code for PIC18F4450

Status
Not open for further replies.

seepawan85

hello to all. Im a newbie to PIC. Im doing a project involving 18F series. I would like to know if integration can be performed using 18F series. Then we would be performing A/D coversion. I would like to know wht r the basic C programs tht I should get started with for programming the PIC. I would like to know where I can find instruction set in C and Assembly language.

Thnx in advance

Step 1: pick a C compiler. There are numerous ones out there - the most common on 18F's is Microchip's own C18 compiler. BoostC is another option.

Step 2: go to the company's website and look at the documentation for the compiler you have chosen.

Step 3: do some google searches and find example code for the compiler you have chosen.

It's hard to answer your question about integration on the PIC. Floating-point math is a nightmare, but in certain applications you can get away with 'good enough' integration using integer math (like for PID control systems where the precise value of the integral term is not extremely important and errors don't really compound over time due to the nature of the system). Without knowing your specific intents it's impossible to say.

Since you've never used PICs and are attempting to dive into the more complicated 18F's, you had better budget in a lot of time to your project to learn the ropes, and be prepared to do a lot of searching, reading, and research, or you may be unpleasantly surprised at how quickly you end up in over your head...

For the 18F lines of PICs, download Microchip's C18 compiler. There is a free student version which should work perfectly for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…