Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

C Compiler for PSoC

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiquidOrb24

Hello Everyone

I'm currently using a PSoC for my senior design and I'm beginning to realize assembly with this chip is not the way to go. I was wondering if anyone knows of any good C compiler program that can be used with the PSoC. I'm supposed to get one some time in the future but I dont think I can wait any longer for my adviser to order the one I need.

Also if there isn't a program out there can anyone point me in the direction of a free C compiler that I can use in the mean and possibly some tutorial websites for how to code a microprocessor with C?

I'm not to familiar with programming a microprocessor with C since I never did it before, so any help would be more than appreciated.

Thank you.

I thought the PSOC development stuff came with a c compiler - at least the USB CY8C24894 eval kit did.

Then again I gave up (for now anyway) on the PSOC after fighting with the devel tools after a couple days.

Cypress has a message board that you would probably get more useful responses from. www.psocdeveloper.com

Your deffinately right about the PSoC coming with a compiler...the thing is is that I got the eval-board and the compiler but the serial number code was bad so now I have to wait a few weeks until my adviser can get a new one...I know it shouldnt take that long to get the code I still wouldnt be able to get it until school starts again in January. So I'm trying to make due with what I got.

Ah, now I remember - there was something like a $50 or some nominal fee to get the C compiler. I think that was another reason why I stopped looking at the PSoC part.

Is there any particular reason why you need to use this series of chips? I was ready to do unspeakable things to my computer after a couple hours of banging on the PSoC interface... (In comparison I just tried out this neat little Freescale eval kit - which is notably less capable than the PSoC one - but took all of 15 minutes of poking to get some suitably encouraging respones from).

Although apparently limited to more IO and controller jobs, the free Psoc Express seems pretty cool... Simple drag and drop gui interface, no code required at all. If you need a basic controller application (output dependant on some combination of input+logic), it almost doesn't seem to get much easier.

That said, I'm just starting out with this platform. I was a bit dissapointed to find no easy way to work with many of the internal analog blocks like filters with Express; I guess you need Psoc Designer for that stuff. Still, it is a very interesting platform with the combination of analog and digital blocks.

btw... if you seek, you may find. Astalavista.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back