Can anyone help in Motor Controller H-Bridge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

westkid85

Currently i have a 3.0Volt and 0.85Amp miniature D.C Motors.
Now i planning to drive the motor using PWM method.

And the problem now is i need a Motor Controller H-Bridge. But i cant find any suitable H-Bridge Motor Controller for my motor.(as i required an DIP/PDIP or maybe SOT Pin type of H-Bridge in order to connect to the bread board ).
Does anyone have any recommandation for this type of controller?

If i am going to build the H-Bridge myself, can anyone recommanded what type of MOSFET and diode should i be getting? and how will is H-bridge circuit connection to my main microcontroller gonna be? (Currently i using a PIC18F4431 to for my microcontroller to control the motor)

H-bridge

A) National LMD18200, 24lead dual in line, 55V, 3A.

Inputs: direction, PWM

B) Infineon TLE5206-2, TO220-7-12 (7pins in line with spacing 1.27mm (1/20")), 40V, 5A

Inputs: IN1, IN2

No messing around with separate MosFets. All contained in the chips.

Boncuk

but the problem is that If my supply voltage is 3.6V max (3 x AA battery), will this affect the controller?

Maybe a boost regulator for the micro controller and h-bridge supply, like On Semi? Lots of extra parts tho. If the 2.7V min supply is a problem then there is a TI part.

In the end, maybe take your lumps and try pinning down a tssop style package that meets your specs. Those electric toothbrushes have to run by something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…