Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can anyone recommend/review EasyPic6?

Status
Not open for further replies.

masoud23

Hello!
I am new in micro programming. I have started by using PICkit 3 Debug Express and going through C program examples there. It was good but I need to go further and do it fast!
I have been looking at EasyPic6. Those things on this board are the things that I have to learn for my coming project, I think. Has anybody here any experience about this boar? Can you recommend it? Can I use MPLAB IDE + MCC18 to program it if I use a PIC18FXXXX?

Are the examples provided written in C? What about mikro C demo/Pro compiler?Is it good to use?

Or will you recommend another dev kit instead? Right now I do not have time to build boards myself but need to learn the basics as fast as possible.

Tanks in advance!

I've used the easypic5 with C18 and mplab, works fine. There was a cd inside with the software and examples, but I think you can find them online. Im sure you can program PIC18's and 16's 12's...

Also used the mikro Compiler, it's works fine. It doesnt matter which compiler you use, it's just the hex file you create ( C18/mikro c) that is programmed into the PIC.

mikro C has some easy to use methods ( like I²C,spi,uart) inside that makes it very fast to create a program.

Sneaksz is right on the money.

You can see my review of the EasyPIC6 here;
https://www.romanblack.com/easypic6.htm

And yes you can use other compilers or assemblers and just program the HEX file into the PIC 18F on the EasyPIC6 board, via the USB cable and free PICflash programmer software which is supplied.

Personally if you are serious about time, and getting up and running fast I suggest getting MikroC as it's libraries work seamlessly with all the EasyPIC peripherals (all on the same PIC pins etc so there is very little to go wrong) and the MikroC help file is great, you can have a LCD or GLCD working in a couple of minutes even if you have never used one before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back