Can I get ground (earthing) effect from few tons of soil isolated from the earth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willen

I was child, I tried such experiment by taking a bowl of soil But didn't get anything. What is actual reason? Even with few tons of soil won't work as a Gnd? What might be the interesting key factors? Something funny and something interesting...

I think it has something to do with the fact, that eventually it all has to connect back to the power station via ground, or something like that. Otherwise you have a isolated circuit, sorry the explanation isnt good, i know what i mean but havnt worded it well

Spot on when talking about power distribution. Maybe not so much when talking about a RF ground plane.

you dont need tons of it...

info: "ground" is a reference to something and considered as 0V, in our case is earth (if its earth ground), not soil if its disconnected from earth. and then 0V is a relative term compared to earth potential. earth potential can be few Kilo og Giga Volts compared to our sun that figure maybe wrong.

Thank you, That was kind of what I was trying to say! But I made a Dog's dinner of it

Few days ago I saw the photo attached by 'shafri' in a comedy page of facebook hehe.

One expert here, was saying about same- comparatively sun has more potential difference than earth. Then I asked him- "then can't we get infinite electricity by plugging a negative wire in the earth and plugging positive wire in the Sun?"

He replied- "may be. But do not go to the sun to plug the wire during day time, the sun is very hot. So go there during night"

May be something interesting here....

would be too dark to see the socket at night!

The moon is 1,000,000s of volts different than earth. My test probes are a little short to measure. The moon has many tons of 'earth, dirt, rock, whatever'. Any amount of dirt, not connected back to EARTH and the power plant probably is not at the seam voltage as "earth".

Just as a thinking exercise. In theory, would it be possible to harness the energy between the earth and moon, via say some sort of inductive coupling?
I have tried to visualize it all, but i cant picture it properly. Sure would be a cool job to work on

It takes a long extension cord. Just think about winding up that cord.

Do you get AC or DC. The moon has a phase so probably AC. What is the frequency? F=1/month

What happens if the 'moon men' suck power from the earth? This could go backwards. You should prove there are no moon people starving for energy first.

Think about 1,000,000s of extension cords. One of the Chinese cords does not work. Which one?

Few days ago I saw the photo attached by 'shafri' in a comedy page of facebook hehe.
Then I asked him- "then can't we get infinite electricity by plugging a negative wire in the earth and plugging positive wire in the Sun?"
i'm a new guy didnt hang around here much so sorry if your question has been answered. (i was trying to find another picture of a genset connected to soil in a pail i saw last time but i found the picture above in google, good enough! ) from my understanding is you cant get inf electricity by doing so. the "voltage potential difference" is primarily due to the electrostatics contained in the sun, how much and how long until it exhausted not sure, but i believe its going to be too soon than you think, its not the same as burning nuclear energy that you saw on the sun. in the end eventually we will bring down the sun's potential to the same as earth's potential when the statics are equalized. making direct wire or induction impractical not to mention the gigantic size and orbitting station trying to chase the sun . harnessing "gravitation energy" is wiser as mentioned above, sure our scientists and engineers have made the best solution for us. my 2cnts.

Dad say's you cant use extension cord's. They would be considered a trip hazard by health and safety!
Also you need a safety harness for a ladder over 3 meter's

Really an amazing. May be reason of burning space shuttle or asteroids (falling star) in atmosphere is not only by fraction, may be production of high electricity also related.... I guessed!

Hope a day they will connect a wire from earth to moon as an experiment, Wow!

Not a chance! our electric company, cant lay a cable from our house down to the road!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…