Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can I Solder Onto Quick Connect leads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jocanon

I was looking at the below switch and my question is, instead of using the Quick Connect connector, can I solder bare wire directly onto the Quick Connect leads or will that break the switch somehow? Before anyone suggests getting a switch with solder lugs...I already know those are out there and have one in mind if this one doesn't work, but I like the round switch and the only one I can find that is rated up to 20 amps at 125v with solder lugs is square. I will get the square one if I have to, but round is easier to work with. That being said, if anyone knows a round one with solder lugs that would be the better solution. Thanks!

https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/RR511D1121/EG4777-ND/2116256

That's what the hole in the leg of the switch is for, put the stripped wire through it and solder. It is a good idea though on smaller switches to put hemostats or soldering clamps on the leg close to the switch body while soldering. To keep the plastic of the switch from getting too hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back