Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

can Vref- as +1V?

Status
Not open for further replies.

meera83

i m using PIC16F877.. I choose to use two analog voltage as input signal..

in the setting, i need to use RA2 as Vref+ and RA3 as Vref-...
if the input voltage that i want to use is from 1-5V..

can i port the RA3(Vref-) with positive voltage? or Vref- must 0V or less than 0V???

Vref- has to be 0V or higher
it also has to be at least 2.5V lower than Vref+
Vref+ must be VDD or lower.

So setting for 1V is fine if Vref+ is at least 3.5V

blueroomelectronics said:
Vref- has to be 0V or higher
it also has to be at least 2.5V lower than Vref+
Vref+ must be VDD or lower.

So setting for 1V is fine if Vref+ is at least 3.5V

is it no method how many analog input, there is only one range value Vref+ and Vref- can be used for all the analog input?

blueroom: you snuck up from underneath me! Damn this slow BAUD RATE (300) forum :)

Yes you may. Vref- does not imply a compulsory negative voltage. This goes for electronics in general.

In section 15 of datasheet, get familar with the Absolute Maximum Electrical ratings.

The overall foundation to remember:
"Voltage on any pin with respect to VSS (except VDD, MCLR. and RA4) ....................................... -0.3 V to (VDD + 0.3 V)"
Then go to table 15-12 and read the valid ranged for Vref+ and Vref-. Vref-(min) cannot be less than Vss - 0.3v (within the overall foundation), in short not less than 0.3v. Vref-(max) cannot be larger than (Vref+) - (2.0v), 2 volts less then Vref+.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back