can you give me some further details about the 220v live wire in wall scanner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joelobenza

This is about the scanner which i saw from the internet. I figure some use of it and want it to be implemented. Is the scanner can scan thicker walls ? kindly give some more idea.tnx.

This is about the scanner which i saw from the internet. I figure some use of it and want it to be implemented. Is the scanner can scan thicker walls ? kindly give some more idea.tnx.

I'm thinking really hard about the answer. Are you getting anything?

(My point is that we are not psychic and can't guess what circuit you might have seen, on what site you might have seen it, or even what qualifies as a "thicker" wall--thicker than what? Please provide more information. A link, schematic, etc. would help us to know what you're talking about.)

Torben

Maybe joel is referring to is that,he is asking how deep can the scanner detect voltage behind a wall..what specific length can the scanner detect behind a wall..maybe that is what he is trying to say..thank you

sorry

im sorry if i dont quickly give you responds, im confuse where to click to view my threads. im new in this site. really apologize. i just want to know how far can it sense a current in walls and would it be possible to adjust the range?

**broken link removed**

The size of the metal sensor plate and the amount of attenuation of the electrostatic signal by the wall material determines the range. The voltage gain of the Mosfet is variable because each one is different and also determines the range.

The circuit is extremely simple and does not have much voltage gain so it is not sensitive.

So you were saying that the device is will depends on the metal plate and the attenuation?..can you give the minimum range of the device?.in length?..(ex.inches,meters,..etc.).because i am also curious..about this scanner..and by the way how much it cost to build this scanner?..thank you..

I don't know the range of the simple circuit and I don't know how much attenuation will be made by the wall.
Another attenuating factor is that electrical wires are a pair of wires with opposite polarity signals that cancel the electrostatic signal.
If the circuit's ground is connected to the electrical ground then the cancellation will be much less.

What is the scanner powered by?..is it a 220v ac..or just a 12v dc battery..?im just confused how to power up the device...and the connection from the reciever down to the transmiter..

use a logic Cmos inverter port that will detect a field of a live wire in the wall and can be fed by a 4.5V battery and your sensor wire could be a piece of coper wire

Robert-Jan

Just had a look to the site but it indicates clearly a voltage of 9 Volt

comon 9 volt battery will do the job

Robert-Jan

Can someone please give me the circuit for the sensor?..or the exact BLOCk diagram of the device..from the sensor itseltf to the circuit..thank you

The sensor is just a small metal plate or wire that picks up radiation from a mains wire by the small amount of capacitance between them.

i want to use a transmitter connected to the output of the circuit then into a receiver of the display. if there are some signal behind wall the display is green and if none its orange. what type of transmitter and receiver i can use to transmit binary 0 and 1?

does a crystal oscillator can help stabilize filtering the noise? either in the mosfet of in the bjt transistor base connected? in series connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…