Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can you identify this part?

Status
Not open for further replies.

emcourtney

I have a Philips PM3266 with a fairly obvious fault in it's focus circuit; there is a burnt spot on the board where component V2078 ought to be. (see the attached PDF file) The part call-out tells me this was a V103R2 made by SL and the schematic diagram draws a very nice schematic representation of the part too.

The problem is I don't recognize the schematic symbol and I haven't had any luck referencing the nearly 30 year old part number either. Can anyone identify this mystery component? Better yet, can anyone suggest a suitable replacement?

Thanks for your time,
Evan

Attachments

• unit7.pdf
    575 KB · Views: 290
Looks simular to a Neon Lamp

Attachments

• V103R2_V2078.gif
    V103R2_V2078.gif
    7.4 KB · Views: 221
  • Neon Lamp.gif
    Neon Lamp.gif
    1.9 KB · Views: 216
T2 Voltage Regulator 103 volts
See page 56 of this PDF

**broken link removed**

Thanks

Wow, I'm impressed with the knowledge floating around here. It seems the closest I can get, that are still available, is a 0C3/VR105

Thank you everyone for the help.
Evan

Is there any more of the schematic that would give you a hint as to the voltage drop across the tube, and what type of base the tube has? Still Available:

0A2 150v 7-pin miniature base
0B2 105v 7-pin miniature base
0C3 105v octal base
0A3 75v octal base
0D3 150v octal base

Ken

Last edited:
There is only what I've posted. There is no socket on the board, however, so the component must have been surface mounted. I don't have a digital camera on-hand so I can't really provide more.

Sorry,
Evan

Hi Evan,

Is there enough room on the board for a "large" neon tube ?
Dimensions of the glass (of the ZZ1050) are 29 x 6 mm.
There are several possible candidates but there is only one in the
1972 Philips pocketbook that fits this description:the ZZ1000.
But there are also several lookalikes:

https://www.qsl.net/dl7avf/roehren/stabis.html

on1aag.

Attachments

• TFK ZZ1050.JPG
    TFK ZZ1050.JPG
    10.1 KB · Views: 225
  • PH ZZ1000.zip
    66.1 KB · Views: 172
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips