Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can you take these things apart.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emil09

...without completely destroying them? I'm interested in buying one but mainly for purposes of electronic experimentation. I want to get one that I can open up, perhaps modify, alter, etc. Are there certain RC heli/plane/car/boat models or brands that are easier to modify and experiment with than others?

This is one that interests me:

E-sky Lama v4 RTF

**broken link removed**

I would suggest getting 'proper' R/C models, rather than the toy ones - proper ones will use real radio systems and servos, and easily assemble and disassemble.

I would suggest getting 'proper' R/C models, rather than the toy ones - proper ones will use real radio systems and servos, and easily assemble and disassemble.

Can you provide an example (link perhaps) of what you would consider a 'proper' RC model? They all look like toys IMO, except that some of them get quite expensive.

Can you provide an example (link perhaps) of what you would consider a 'proper' RC model? They all look like toys IMO, except that some of them get quite expensive.

Tamiya have always been one of the leading makes - but generally the more expensive ones are 'models' rather than toys.

Probably the easiest way to tell is the radio gear, many 'proper' models don't come with radio gear, you buy it separately.

I've got an E-flite Blade CP, comes apart sometimes when I land it, well lands itself... Don't know what you want to add or alter, but they don't have the capacity to take on much extra weight. Mines pretty hard to fly, and gust of wind are disastrous. Might try here: RC Helicopters These people are fanatics, and helped me learn to fly. The one you pictured, should come apart, the front canopy looks similar to mine, pops right off. That model is probably not too bad, better than most toy store/Walmart types, but still on the lower end. My Blade was $220, and kind of entry level.

I've got a blade 400 and it comes apart in a similar manner to Harvey's.

Mike.

I have an E-flight Blade mSR RC (mini) helicopter. My kids gave it to me for my 65th birthday. It has a gyroscope for stability like all modern RC helicopters. But it is difficult to fly because it has a main rotor and a tail rotor like a real helicopter instead of the two counter-rotating main rotors like a boring beginner's helicopter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back