Canon MP190 Printer Error fault?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sosijdog

Hi guys,

I am having issues with a Canon MP190 all in one printer. It was going to be scrapped because nothing would work due to the error code E27 (Ink absorber full).

I have since stripped it down and cleaned all absorber pads and re-assembled the machine but it is STILL giving me the same Error. I have searched numerous links for resetting this error but none of them work for my machine. So.....

My question is this - What is the link between the ink absorber and the display? There must be something to signal when the absorber is full? However when I had it apart there was no connection to the absorber what so ever?? There is a small peristaltic pump to suck through excess ink from the print heads and it is deposited to the absorber - nothing else?
So how does it know when it is full? I was hoping to disconnect it or even try and by pass it to get it working.

Any ideas on this would be great.

Cheers in advance guys!

Stevo.

You can try the following:

I have also seen software downloads to reset printers but give the quote a try.

Taken from here.

Ron

Hey thanks for this but I have already tried several suggestions like this. This one however is totally wrong for my machine as it doesn't have a menu button. This is for the MPC - my one is the MP 190

There is another method that allows me to go into service mode by pressing down the power and stop buttons in a set sequence but that does not reset the machine. I was hoping for an electrical solution if possible?

Cheers.

I have seen some software solutions but have not tried any. The trick is to reset the internal software that counts. I believe it counts the number of times the nozzles were cleaned. My best guess would be to continue using Google looking for Canon tools software.

Ron

I got that issue with my Canon PC-65 copier. Upon power-up, the display reads "00", the green LED on the START button flashes, then the display constantly reads "E0". I took it to a Canon-authorized repair facility, awaiting word on its condition. Canon Canada closed my local repair facility, converting it to business account sales only. If the PC-65 fails, I also have a PC-7 copier to succeed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…