Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Capacitive/Touch Sensor chip?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw on here somewhere a short while ago a single chip that could be used for a touch switch application. All it required extra was a capacitor and the chip cost around $2. Anyone have any idea what it is? I can't find it on here for the life of me!

There are "touch switch" IC's made by:

https://www.qprox.com/

I've used them for display activation switches. The schematic is for a display control to allow either "touch on/touch off" or "touch on/timed off" (selected by jumper J1). T1 is wired to a foil-backed sign on the inside of a glass display case. T2-T3 go to the LED input of an SSR. Hand proximity to the sign starts the display.

Ken

Attachments

• Touch-Timed Control_5.JPG
    Touch-Timed Control_5.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 572
Last edited:
That's exactly it!

Not so cheap at $3.50 a pop...any idea on where to get samples? Digikey won't sample them. :D

I only need 2 or 3 and I know I'll get dinged with $10-15 shipping for a few dollars with of components.

Conrad_Turbo said:
That's exactly it!

Not so cheap at $3.50 a pop...any idea on where to get samples? Digikey won't sample them. :D

I only need 2 or 3 and I know I'll get dinged with $10-15 shipping for a few dollars with of components.

hi Conrad,
If you are on a tight budget, you can make your own switches.:)

**broken link removed**

Google: 'cmos touch switch'

ericgibbs said:
hi Conrad,
If you are on a tight budget, you can make your own switches.:)

**broken link removed**

Google: 'cmos touch switch'

Thanks for the tip, if I had those components kicking around I'd build it...but since I'd have to order it...I just ended up ordering the qprox unit from Digikey. :D

You could always make your own capacitive touch switches using a microcontroller? Not as stable as the q-touch ones, but linear sliders, and buttons are possible. You can even use LED's in this way..far better than using their 'light sensitive' qualities.

Blueteeth

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back