car alarm camara recording

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techno

My truck stereo was partially harvested this morning, I guess they ran out of time.
I will now add a commercial alarm system but would like to add a survelence camera with some kind of cheap and easy to do recording/memory?
If this is one of those difficult things then I'll just skip it.
I would like to see anyone trying to break into the car rather than run out to shut off the alarm if you see where I'm going with this.
Its the recording part has me stumped. I have no idea whats available or if this is within do-able range and not an entire life threatening project of its own.

For those ignant of such an occurance. I had to remove the rest of the system so they don't steal it in the future. I have to replace the stolen items then I get to re-install all this garbage all over again! The re-work is about equal to the money and no music annoyance.

I have a friend that had several break-ins in his house. he suspected the neighbor's teenage son. so, he installed a supposedly hidden video camera and recorder. the next break-in, the guy took the recorder but left camera. not so hidden after all. btw, it probably was the kid because he got arrested for stealing cars and got sent away - the break-ins stopped after that.

the lesson is make sure you hide the camera and recorder very well.

I figured out the simple.
I was hooked on video survelence. Change this into I want to know who it is and a cheap out of date digital camera should serve this function easily for anyone.

Your point on it being hidden is a good one. A video camera could be hidden easily and so could the recorder since this stuff isn't being looked for, that and an alarm should be going off
The last is why I think a digital camera should work. They shouldn't have anytime to take anything but be scared off by the alarm. If any pictures are taken I'm sure the police could use them to some degree or other.

In my case the person spent all their time on the old junky "400 watt" profile amp and the decent headunit.
The 200 watt rockford amp, Electronic crossover and Kicker 12" woofer were left.
BTW the woofer and the rockford amp both had allen head screws. I think this was a partial hangup for them since without the tool the woofer isn't going anywhere and the amp had pretty covers over the mounting screws- phillips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…