Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Car motion detecter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nath.Win

Hi im new to this.

Have an A-Level project;

To make a movement sensor for a car? i.e if some one opens a door near your car it will beep e.t.c as this is an AS level i only know the basics of electronics.......
Does any one know of any easy ways to do this? or any circuits already around, that can be "used" (not copying:D) within my project?

Many thanks.

N.Win

Use a set of common household PIR sensors... they will trip when anything moves around the car, human or not... The 4 included terminals consist on a normally closed switch, and+12V and 0V. (that's on 12V models, if you get a 110V model just bypass the power supply transformer and diodes)

pir sensor - Búsqueda de imágenes de Google

Last edited:
that would be good, but i cannot as i have to make it for myself.
is there a simple way, just a sensor and a IR led?
so if something goes past the LED a light is Turned on, any simply circuit like that would be ideal.
i found one site. **broken link removed**
If you look at the video this is all i need it to do. just sense a movement and show light up an LED.
but it seems this isnt a standalone unit and they wont let me know how they made it. LOL.
Thanks alot

ok, i have found what i mean on the internet now, but this doesn't seem to be a standalone unit, i have emailed these people asking them how it was made or if it can be modified and used as one, but they wont tell me!! i would like to buy this unit. but as its for an A level project i cant, as i obviously wouldn't get a grade for making something i bought./
does anyone know how i can make this myself. very simply without an PIC controller or anything, as simple as possible. As it has to look like i could make it, as im in my 1st year of a level

**broken link removed**

If u watch the video you will see what i meen, just when something passes a sensor of some kind then a led is illuminated.
i have looked at light dependent resistors but this need to work in light and dark so there is an issue with them.

thanks alot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back