Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Car Radio Interfacing

Status
Not open for further replies.

computer

Hi,

Does anyone have any information or links to anything about interfacing to car radios? I would like to interface a normal FM Radio/CD player car radio for use as a normal radio/cd player inside. I have a good 12v stable power supply and speakers but would also like line-out facility. If I can control it externally as well (especially volume and play/pause) that would be excellent.

I guess it depends on the manufacturer, but I don't want to purchase one till I know it can be done.

Thanks

Hi,

>Does anyone have any information or links to anything about interfacing to >car radios? I would like to interface a normal FM Radio/CD player car radio >for use as a normal radio/cd player inside. I have a good 12v stable power >supply and speakers but would also like line-out facility. If I can control it >externally as well (especially volume and play/pause) that would be >excellent.

Not sure what you mean by controlling it externally?

But yes, you can take a car radio and use it inside your house or anywhere.

D.J.

Well for instance, my radio in my car has buttons on the steering wheel to change tracks, volume, etc. Now this is a modern car/radio so it is probably all built into a central computer, but I was wondering if there is some way, perhaps over a RS232 connection to let me do that with a normal removable radio...

If the radio is in-built in the car then it's probably not easy to do, and I suspect all radios do it in different ways - although my car radio doesn't have external controls, it's still linked to the cars computer, and won't work unless it's in the correct car.

I also don't see the reasoning behind wanting to do it?, just buy a home stereo or a radio - which will probably out perform a car radio anyway!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back