Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

car specker arangment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderchild

if I have one specker and want to put both left and right channnel into it (added together) can I connect to right - and left + or vice versa ?

Thunderchild said:
if I have one specker and want to put both left and right channnel into it (added together) can I connect to right - and left + or vice versa ?

Better to connect to just ONE channel, and join the inputs of the amps together to make it mono.

how do I find the inputs in a CAR radio ? all I am asking is will what I proposed do any damage or sound realy bad, I was asuming that the - and + are mirrors of one another so one of one and one of another will sum up to make a sort of mono

Thunderchild said:
how do I find the inputs in a CAR radio ?

You take it to pieces and look!.

all I am asking is will what I proposed do any damage or sound realy bad, I was asuming that the - and + are mirrors of one another so one of one and one of another will sum up to make a sort of mono

A lot depends on if it's bridged or not, but there's no external connection that will make it sound any good, and some which will cause damage. The BEST connection is just one speaker on one channel.

I presume it is bridged as there is a plus and minus (2 seperate wires) for each specker are there any other configurations ?

Thunderchild said:
I presume it is bridged as there is a plus and minus (2 seperate wires) for each specker are there any other configurations ?

If it was single ended it would have exactly the same wires.

What power is it?.

Not that it really matters?, in either case just connect the speaker to one channel!.

The left and right channels on a stereo play slighly different parts of the same track, for example the left might be vocal and the right instrumental. Connecting the outputs together can damage the amplifier, if one chanel goes positive while the other is negitive the two parts of the signal will cancel, drawing too much current and overloading the amp.

A specker is a machine that blows specks of paint all over the place, isn't it?

If you connect a speaker to both "+" output wires of a stereo amp and play stereo music, the speaker will produce the difference between the channels which usually has echoes and other cool sounds but the bass cancels so won't be heard. This difference speaker or a pair of speakers in series is used in the "poor man's surround sound" also called "Hafler surround sound".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back