Caramp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakes21

Hi i got a car amp from a friend but the protection led stays on.even without connecting speakers to it.it must be something on the board.where would u guys say i SHould looking?the powersupply?

What model of car amp is ?
In which conditions that led it's on ?(shortcircuit protection or ...)

I dont knw what model it is but my guess is its a old one.it uses bandwith chip KIA 494 chip.i dont knw what type of protection but no sound is playing

Okay today i tried testing it with my multimeter but the power nor the protection led comes on.also noticed 3 powersupply transistors gets extremly hot in like 20sec of connecting the amp to a battery

I Replaced the pwm ic but still i dont know why it doesnt come on.any ideas?the transistors stil gets hot.

I Replaced the pwm ic but still i dont know why it doesnt come on.any ideas?the transistors stil gets hot.
So can I assume that you replaced the KIA494 chip? There are many variations of that chip and the suffix letters after 494 determines it's specific application. You could've installed the wrong chip, further worsening things for yourself. I would first try to isolate the PWM section from the actual amplification stage. Troubleshoot the power section to assure that stage is operating properly. If all is ok, then move on to the audio stages.

thanx for the reply.i am actually at the power side of the amp.none of the LED 's come on.but the power transistors get extremly hot.what do u think it could be?i did switch the amp on without the 494 chip and the transistors didnt get hot so the amp isnt shorting.

Obviously the transistors are under power and their B+ is not disabled! Without having a diagram to troubleshoot from, it's difficult to diagnose from afar here in cyberspace. Can you locate a service diagram or tech manual for it and go from there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…