CCFL in laptop control

Status
Not open for further replies.

matchbox2022

Hey guys!! I am attempting to mod a laptop in order to hold more than one video card when it really isn't supposed to.

I have a large question for you.

The new video card is not working properly with the inverter, aka. there is not any backlight brightness control and its stuck at the lowest setting.

Now I believe it's controlled through pwm. And I was going to buy a whole new inverter that I'd use with a switch in order to make work correctly. However I have some questions regarding it. I'd really like to be able to keep my original inverter and be able to change the brightness using a dial aka pot trim or smth. Do you know enough about inverters and pwm in order to help me out, aka design a circuit that could change the pwm signal it's SUPPOSED to get from the video card and put it to another source? Also where would I put the video card's wires to the inverter afterwards.

The last thing is, my original idea was to use a seperate dc - ac inverter with hopefully a pot that would allow me to change the amperage and for it to keep up the high voltage needed for the cold cathode flourescent lamp. I wanted to have a switch to choose when to turn that on, or to use the seperate inverter. (I was thinking about a switch for which inverters output voltage goes to the lamp, but I think there are issues when the voltage is that high in just blocking off the circuit. or are there?_

As you can see I have a lot of questions, and appreciate any help you could give me. Thanks a million, I'll put you in my credits for the project

Sincerely,
myke

Ftr I have basic soldering skills and such, so I'm expecting to learn...ALOT.
thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…