Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CERN - Fires up today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

killivolt

To find the Higgs Boson. If all goes well they will conduct the first experiment in Oct.

**broken link removed**

kv

It should be enlightening. Personally, I hope they prove that dark matter doesn't exist. It will make people realise there's a fundamental flaw in the current thinking and we may get some new ideas.

Mike.

it really is exciting stuff. One can only imagine what can result from this, if anything, in our everyday lives. Whats next? Warp Drive? :D

It should be enlightening. Personally, I hope they prove that dark matter doesn't exist. It will make people realise there's a fundamental flaw in the current thinking and we may get some new ideas.

Mike.

hi Mike.

Is just a coincidence your posts keep disappearing and reappearing about the time they turned on the Collider.:rolleyes:

I think the heavier miniature black holes are sinking thru the planet and popping out on the other side,
which just happens to be Australia.!:eek:

Last edited:
hi Mike.
I think the heavier miniature black holes are sinking thru the planet and popping out on the other side,
which just happens to be Australia.!:eek:

Strange you should say that, as around the time they began firing, my socks draw was sudenly empty....
Maybe thats were they all went, perhaps I'll sue CERN for theft or something.

Strange you should say that, as around the time they began firing, my socks draw was sudenly empty....
Maybe thats were they all went, perhaps I'll sue CERN for theft or something.

Even stranger, a cat missing for 9 years was found close to the home it disappeared from.:eek:

Hmm perhaps it ate my socks.
But seriously Just so long as it doesn't create a black hole on the 28th of October as I don't want my presents vanishing.
You don't happen to know what the actual odds are on a black hole occuring?

But seriously Just so long as it doesn't create a black hole on the 28th of October as I don't want my presents vanishing.

I expect your birthdays on 28/10.? are your presents going to be socks ?, mine often are.!

I'll let you know tomorrow..... maybe.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

The odds of a black hole springing into existence on the said date is, unfortunately, an absolute certainty. According to scientists, there are infinite stars out there and infinity divided by any number is greater than unity.

Sorry, no pressies for you.

Mike.
Edit, A bowl of petunias has just appeared on top of my printer. I think someone is going to have a heavy burden to bare.

Last edited:
Since all of us live about 1/8 sec. in the past, if they end the universe we'll never know.

There's no such thing as a free lunch ... so the saying goes. Well I can attest that as of just a few minutes prior to typing this reply, a lunch consisting of General Tso's chicken/rice appeared on my desk. How convenient!:D
If things continue in this manner they can keep LHC fired up continuously!

On a similar note, last night's Sci. Network aired a documentary on "time" and it's flexibility... noting the possibility of black holes, wormholes and such being created through particle accelerators such as CERN. However to do time travel on a human scale, would require huge amounts of energy, similar to nuclear explosions. The United States started to work on a collider that's much larger than the one at CERN in Europe. Congress has haulted funding so there it sits in Texas, a wannabe device!

Is this the latest ?

**broken link removed**'

Anyone else find anything.

kv

Quantum........... What the Bleep.

There's no such thing as a free lunch ... so the saying goes. Well I can attest that as of just a few minutes prior to typing this reply, a lunch consisting of General Tso's chicken/rice appeared on my desk. How convenient!:D
If things continue in this manner they can keep LHC fired up continuously!

On a similar note, last night's Sci. Network aired a documentary on "time" and it's flexibility... noting the possibility of black holes, wormholes and such being created through particle accelerators such as CERN. However to do time travel on a human scale, would require huge amounts of energy, similar to nuclear explosions. The United States started to work on a collider that's much larger than the one at CERN in Europe. Congress has haulted funding so there it sits in Texas, a wannabe device!

Halting funding maybe until it's found to be effective in determining further research based on new findings born in this experiment. The Scientific Community will justify it in order to accomplish far reaching conclusions in reaching new area's of science not yet known.

kv

Groundhog Day ! with Bill Murray

So, do everything you like to do today. Eat all the food etc. You never know if tomorrow will be a rerun of today for the rest of your life.

Groundhog day Thanks to (CERN) :D

kv:p

Solution :Take a long Coffee Break and go get a Beer.

And we'll have to read all this **** over and over again ?! :D

on1aag.

I guess there shouldn't be a **** Chat Forum. And that would be no ****.

............. kv :D

I bloody hope not - spent the day today collecting wedding stuff for friday, seeing away a couple of car thieves who thought it would be a good idea to break into my partners car, eating at odd times, spending huge amounts in alcohol for the wedding, 4 hours of washing glasses for the reception ..........

Wedding ? who's wedding.

I bloody hope not - spent the day today collecting wedding stuff for friday, seeing away a couple of car thieves who thought it would be a good idea to break into my partners car, eating at odd times, spending huge amounts in alcohol for the wedding, 4 hours of washing glasses for the reception ..........

You getten Married ? :D

kv

Indeed - got proposed to on the pier at San Clemente in California in March and the wedding is on Friday.

About time really as I've been with my partner for the past 8 years .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back