Changing the polarity of a magnet with a bipolar H bridge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chunkymonkey94

I've been trying to reverse the polarity of a magnet without any success. I was useing a cylider shaped magnet which is wider then it is tall, so it pretty short, and I was trying to drive the magnet with a H bridge useing four 2n2222 bipolar transistors and 5 volts. I was also have trouble getting and keeping the magnet intirely coiled in wire. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong or have any tips?
Thanks for the help! (=

What type of magnet?

Most likely you are not using enough power. Repolarizing permanent magnets by force takes a considerable amount of energy.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong or have any tips?
Yes, there is many people around that has the ability to read your mind. Unfortunately I'm not one of those, so therefore I cannot provide any help.

With any photos or schematics, you will give those few of us that is not psychics a chance to provide any help

Where do you guys get the program that draws the broad board for you? Freeware?

Nice drawing, but unfortunately I'm used to deal with regular schematics. If you could post that too, it would help.

Anyway, my personal experience is that pushbutton sucks on broad boards. Bad connection and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…