Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

chase controller operating relays?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffLXPro

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to use a chase controller to control a set of relays, but i'm experienceing problems from the voltage blowback from the magnets in the relays (i.e., my chase pattern runs once, then everything just stays on). I'm looking into placing a diode in line with the relays hoping to absorb some of the blowback before it goes into the chase controller.

Everything will run off of 12VDC at the end of the project.

Anyone out there know if this will work?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to use a chase controller to control a set of relays, but i'm experienceing problems from the voltage blowback from the magnets in the relays (i.e., my chase pattern runs once, then everything just stays on). I'm looking into placing a diode in line with the relays hoping to absorb some of the blowback before it goes into the chase controller.

Everything will run off of 12VDC at the end of the project.

Anyone out there know if this will work?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

Hi Jeff

If you could post a schematic it would make things much easier as to helping you. You are sure you don't have the counter in your chase system count to N and halt? Attached is a counter ckt using a 4017 that will count to N and recycle. Also as to relays, do you have diodes across the coils?

Ron

Attachments

• 4017%20counter.gif
    4017%20counter.gif
    8.8 KB · Views: 3,629
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back