Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

cheap laptop (under 675$ USD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello every one i am looking to by a new laptop. my T22 cannot cut it anymore. i want to keep it under 675 USD. any ideas??????? i am looking for something on the small side (under 15'' screen). I dont want too much from it only using it for torrents, skype, aim, surfin' the web and a little music (its on my network drive).
i also would be dual booting ubuntu 8.04 and win XP no vista. Also i web cam would be great but i dont want it to increase the price a ton. for specs i guess

-160 or 180 gig HDD
-1 or 2 gigs of ram
-wireless G or N
- CD/DVD burner
- for the processor i am not sure what i can get for the price if its dual core i will be happy i really dont care AMD or intel.

if you guys/gals know of any just write because my T22 is growing in age (about 9 almost 10 years old)

David D.

Check NewEgg They have 60 laptops in the 500-700 dollar range that roughly meet your requirements.

I use my leg for the mouse when I'm in airports.

Would be nice if you put your location in your UserCP.

yeah i was actually about to do that. i live it upstate new york

I'm up in middle-of-nowhere upstate (Utica/Rome area), there are just no good deals in person around here. I actually just ordered a laptop from Dell Business.
15.4" anti-glare display
AMD Athlon 64 X2 1.9Ghz
1GB DDR2 RAM
integrated ATi Express 1150 graphics
80GB HDD
WinXP Home
CD burner/DVD-ROM drive
integrated 802.11g
for ~$450. If interested at all, just look up the Dell Vostro series, they're all really customizable through the website.

I'm up in middle-of-nowhere upstate (Utica/Rome area), there are just no good deals in person around here. I actually just ordered a laptop from Dell Business.
15.4" anti-glare display
AMD Athlon 64 X2 1.9Ghz
1GB DDR2 RAM
80GB HDD
WinXP Home
CD burner/DVD-ROM drive
integrated 802.11g
for ~$450. If interested at all, just look up the Dell Vostro series, they're all really customizable through the website.

yeah i may look into those. i live in clifton park/ southern Saratoga

15.4" anti-glare display
AMD Athlon 64 X2 1.9Ghz
1GB DDR2 RAM
80GB HDD
WinXP Home
CD burner/DVD-ROM drive
integrated 802.11g

they have no webcams

yeah i think i will give the computer store a ring later on the is laptop. i really like it i just will have to wipe vista off it. ewwwwwwwww vista

That's part of the reason I ordered from Dell Business...Until the 20th, they're giving you the option to picking XP as the included OS, and it's probably a nice, clean, clutter-free installation because it's meant for Business use.

ACER 4710

web cam
duo core
120 GB hdd
all little extra things you hardly use but nice to have

my company bougth it for $650 new

it does everything that i want it to do (i am not a gamer)

Robert-Jan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back