Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Check my connection to Power Amp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aljamri

In the back of my TOA Power Amp. There are two terminals to connect the speaker in addition to a common one.

On one of them written 100v and on the other written 8 :eek:hm: . I got two speaker one of 100V setting and the other of 8 :eek:hm: . I connect them in each terminal accordingly and they are working fine. My question, is that safe or it may overload my PA?

Thanks

It depends how loud you turn the amp up, but you shouldn't be connecting different speaker types like that - and it also depends on the power rating of your 100V line speaker!.

Your 8 ohm speaker will take the maximum output from the amplifier, then you add on the wattage rating of the 100V line speaker.

So if the amp is 50W, then the 8 ohm speaker takes 50W, and if the 100V speaker is rated at 10W, then the total drawn is only 60W (or so). But if the 100V speaker is 50W, then you're trying to draw 100W from the 50W amplifier.

So this means I have to connect one type of load only. But Which will be affected PA or the speakers?,

aljamri said:
So this means I have to connect one type of load only. But Which will be affected PA or the speakers?,

You've still not mentioned what wattage your 100V line speaker is?, or for that matter what wattage the amplifier is. But in the absence of that information I would plump for the amplifier getting damaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back