Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

chemical composition of GC Developer 22-225

Status
Not open for further replies.
ask the vendor or the manuf for an "MSDS" or materials saftey data sheet - they are required by law to have them. the msds will then tell you about any 'dangerous' chemicals ... my guess is it's sodium hydroxide - that is the most common postive developer

I like using this stuff:

https://www.web-tronics.com/posdev.html

it's crystalized - so you dont have to worry about it evaporating on you, and one little bag makes 32 oz of developer.

**broken link removed**

Think that's it. Tetramethylammonium hydroxide solution.

But I don't think that' necessary. I used to mix my own developer, NaOH I think. "Red Devil Lye" is pure NaOH. But be aware it's dangerous in concentrated powder form. Strong bases are as dangerous or worse than strong acids.

Important hint- if you spill the powder on you or something else, brush it off, sweep it up, but never try to wash it off or mop it up. The powder won't affect anything until it gets wet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back