Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

chicking internal oscillator runing

Status
Not open for further replies.

colaiuda

Hey talking about the internal oscillator is there any way to check if the oscillator is running, what I mean is:
if the chip seems to be dead it does not respond for any input, how would you check if the internal oscillator is running?
Any Idea?:confused:

Change the config to INTIO1 and check for an output on RA6. Or, get a working hex file such as one of Nigel's tutorials. Tutorial 1.2 is pretty good for this - supply power and the output pins should pulse.

Mike.

Pommie.

Thank you, I am using a BK 864 programmer device and mplab and I am not sure whether I have configured the software right in order to get the internal oscillator activated, have some body ever used BK 864 programmer and how it goes?

colaiuda said:
by the way i am programming a PIC12C508A
It is an OTP device! if you want to play with little PICs you may consider the PIC12F508 or the PIC12F629/675.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back