Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

choosing a sensor for voltmeter..??

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey
can anyone suggest me a sensor for my voltmeter project...
Its input voltage is 33kv with 100v resolution , I m using the microcontroller with inbuilt adc and this microcontroller does not requires a separate pt, but i want to convert the input voltage i.e. 33 kv to 110 VAC ....
can i use a step down transformer or kinda thing....???

Is this for an AC power line? If so, tap on the downstream (120V or 240V) side of a power pole transformer.

And just where the hell do you think you will find a rectifier that works at 33KV? You are in way over your head.

Unfortunately, I'd have to reccomend a potential transformer. See https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2011/02/PTG5.pdf This would not have the specs your after, but illustrates the concept and provides isolation.

One piece of equipment I worked on had a 13 kV 1 Amp DC shunt "tube regulator" in it. The divider was comprised of a bunch of power resistors all bolted together on HV standoffs on an insulated board. For a bleeder resistor, they used a 1 MEG, 200 Watt resistor. The access panels and power were key locked and had interlocks built in. There was also a 2' discharge stick that could be used to discharge the supply. The diodes were mounted on that panel too. The panel was about 2 foot x 2 foot'.

Your dealing with something considerably higher, especially when you take the peak voltages into account.

What's the application?

Sorry! You're right. :(

Ken

sorry for asking this but curiosity got me. how the hell does someone even get access to 33kv?? i get nervous with 240v lol

had you not supplied a pic i would never have belived that this sort of thing would be tollerated in the 21st centuary! i am just dumbfounded people put up with hazards like that

Not as goofy, but a device someone made at work was wired will all yellow wire and no schematic. Try to figure out how it works. They also used ground for neutral. Management would not allow it to be fixed.

Equally as wierd, there was an X-ray set that seemed to be wired with all black wires, but as it turns out each wire was marked on the insulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back