Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Choosing an LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarts

Hi all
I want to drive an 127x64 LCD with a pic microchip. I'm totally new in LCD's and some things are concerning me. I want to display real time data from rc aircraft, so the LCD should be very clear(no backlight) and fast.
I have seen different videos on Youtube and some displays are very slow. Why is that? I want the numbers to be clear and alternating relatively fast.

Any recommendations Which I should choose?

I have basically 3 LDC-s to choose from, because they are in appropriate size for me.
**broken link removed** that uses the S6B0724 controller
**broken link removed** this one uses KS0108 controller
**broken link removed** KS0107 controller

Or does anyone now some other source for 15-20$ lcd?

you are using this outside? then you need a reflective or transflective, but not transmissive. also I have used the ks0108 controller and it is very easy

yes I use it outside. But how do I know if it's reflective or transflective. I asked the seller of the green LCD(middle link) and he told me that the text is still clearly visible even if the backlight is turned off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back