Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Christmas crackers

Status
Not open for further replies.

transistor495

Forum Supporter
Means you've any new lighting circuits/plans running around? I'm going to spend some time on building a very simple blinking star using 555 and ST44. With flashing rage set at 2Hz I think it'll be a wonderful arrangement :D..there was a plan on web fading in/out bulb using capacitor charge/discharge principle along with 555/MCT2E however I dropped it later. It's indeed a nice idea.

I think you guyz will probably be going for some exciting things using micros...right?

I think I'd like to decorate myself. I saw footage of a Hollywood guy this morning with a flashing coat. It would be cool to show up at my girlfriend's house looking like a christmas tree. What'd you think?

I usually make one or two LED Christmas gadgets every year.
I'm working on a binary star, 12 bits or 4096 different patterns.
Made with 4 x 7490 IC's and one 555 clock IC.
The project is not finished yet but I will post some photo's when completed.

I usually make one or two LED Christmas gadgets every year.
I'm working on a binary star, 12 bits or 4096 different patterns.
Made with 4 x 7490 IC's and one 555 clock IC.
The project is not finished yet but I will post some photo's when completed.

I think that will look pretty cool! Will you post a video of it too?

I think that will look pretty cool! Will you post a video of it too?

I added a short video on YouTube with the 12 bit binary star.

Mine already implemented -flashing star -incandescent bulb inside a white glossy paper star. It was actually a fast 3hr total work on a stripboard.

Cool and nice effort Rod, Merry X'mas!

I'd still like to try this sometime:
[video]http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/9PbdwY/www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucjmd032Z-[/video]
:D

Last edited:
I think I'd like to decorate myself. I saw footage of a Hollywood guy this morning with a flashing coat. It would be cool to show up at my girlfriend's house looking like a christmas tree. What'd you think?

That your future mother-in-law would ring 911 and say there a lunatic walking up my path please help me.......... and the future father-in'law would run to the shed and get the chainsaw ready to cut down a fresh xmas tree....

12 bit binary star

a Merry Christmas to all

two photo's attached

Kind regards from Auckland, New Zealand

Raymond

Rodalco2007 YT

Attachments

• IMG_3157.JPG
    IMG_3157.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_3159.JPG
    IMG_3159.JPG
    135.5 KB · Views: 243
I'd still like to try this sometime:
[video]http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/9PbdwY/www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucjmd032Z-[/video]
:D
Hopefully an epileptic motorist doesn't drive by that holiday decoration!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back