Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

circuit for an ac dc regulator usin SCR

Status
Not open for further replies.

ganiz

hey frnds...i wanna design an ac/dc voltage regulator usin SCR,for my mini project work..i want a circuit diagram,with a simple explanation of how it works...i've been learnin about the properties of SCR too..it would be helpful,if anyone provides me with the solution...:)ganiz

You need to give us more details.
What power?
Voltage?
3 phase or 1 phase?
What type of load, inductive?

but basicly for small power dont bother with SCR build a dc/dc converter or linear regulator

IMHO an SCR is not ideal for regulation, because turning it off quickly is more difficult than for other semiconductor devices. Any delay in turn-off is likely to result in output ripple / poor regulation.

Alec

Alec,

sorry but i think your incorrect there. Thyristors can be used for phase control and then from rectifying this you get (poor) voltage regualtion.

" you get (poor) voltage regualtion"
That's precisely the point I was making: you can get regulation but it's less than ideal.

Alec

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back