Circuit help for an IR RGB light to fit a Controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickAlikA

I bought an **broken link removed** off e-bay which has an IR (Infra red controller) in the board and only 2 wires coming out (12V Power + & -)

Now I would like to connect that light to an **broken link removed** which has 4 outputs (Power, Red, Green and Blue)

After Opening the light this is what I found:
* please know that the diagram is my best guess.

So my question is this:
Can I just simply disconnect the "Negative Wire" and add the 3 separate RGB's like so:

Or should I disconnect the circuit board as it won't be needed?

Example of what I want to do:

LINKS:
RGB LIGHTS:**broken link removed**

RGB CONTROLLER: **broken link removed**

Little bit confused. lol

You have a RGB controller and RGB LED.
You have a IR LED.
You want to remove the RGB LED and add a IR LED.

I do no data on the IR LED!

Probably you can do this easy. You know here are 3 LEDs in the light and 3 controllers.
You can drive 1, 2 or 3 IR LEDs.

I think your controller is for 1 watt LEDs. Please check the data on the IR LED.

Thanks RonSimpson,

I made a video to describe my idea more clearly...
Please excuse me as I am not totally tech savvy, I can do basic electrics but learn quick.

In short though: I want to simply control my LED lights with a wall mounted controller.
I am not sure if I need to remove the IR controller board from the LED Light, or should I leave it there.
(I'm not sure if the light needs any of the chips on the board to function, or is the whole board only for the use of the IR controller.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…