Circuit of Counter by IR and display on 7-segment without programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

abdu-abdu

Hello every one :

I wanna make a circuit that count numbers of cutoff the infraRed ray using decoder and two seven segment display

I wanna make it simple without programming or complex component

thank you

You want to use a pair of counters like the ones shown here for a basic example. They show "cascading" the counters. The binary outputs would drive a BCD to 7 segment display driver. The input clock signal would be pulses derived from your IR beam interrupts. Maybe someone here has a ready made circuit.

Ron

thank you for replaying

I think that this is more complex
I wanna one that have only two seven segmant and clocking by IR ray

The circuit you posted uses a 7490. Did you read the link I provided? Remove the 7490 and replace as shown in the link with the cascaded counters.

Ron

ok I read the link you provide

I'll use 4510 & 4511 decoders
and 4025 3-input NOR gate & 555 astable

I don't know what is the mean of cascaded counters

thank you

There have been threads in the past for a similar project which counted the number of people entering a room by detecting IR beam interruption. Here are some links:

Room Person Counter Help

Counter - Door

You might want to check them out and see if they provide any direction.

Last edited:
thank you vne147
there is some I idea in this posts I didn't think about it before
I'll check it and back
thank you

what is the Basics of "IR" and how I can have the open and close signals

OK, what you need to do is not use Open and Close but rather High and Low. If you look at the people counter thread(s) you will see how the signal from the IR receiver makes pulses. The IR receiver can be a IR photo transistor. The output is pulses which go from low to high.

A counter would count these pulses that could go from 0 volts to 5 volts when the beam is broken and return to 0 volts when the object breaking the beam has passed. Each time the beam is broken and made again a pulse is generated and the pulses move along to a counter and are counted. Each pulse can increment (increase) or decrement (decrease) the count.

Also this link will bring up many count6er threads within these forums.

Ron

Last edited:
I payed : Fm receiver & IR led
when I try to put it in the circuit it doesn't work
The Fm receiver doesn't have any signal from the IR led

I payed : Fm receiver & IR led
when I try to put it in the circuit it doesn't work
The Fm receiver doesn't have any signal from the IR led

I am not sure what you are doing? Can you post a schematic? I don't understand this FM Receiver thing at all. What exactly are you trying to do?

Ron

I am not sure what you are doing? Can you post a schematic? I don't understand this FM Receiver thing at all. What exactly are you trying to do?

Ron

Will I'm trying to make a project for the professor here I'm in the first year Electrical and communication Enginnering So I didn't have many Experience
the schematic is in attachement
I'll replace the the short between IC"555" and IC "4510" with an infrared
So are this circuit good ??

Attachments

• 4510_die_04_PDF.pdf
    32.8 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
The idea is that you replace the clock input of the 4510 (555 output - pin 3) with a circuit consisting of an IR emitter and detector. Something like this:

Infrared Emitters and Detectors

You would place the detector on one side of the doorway and the emitter on the opposite side. You would have to make sure that the emitter was aligned just right so that the light from it shines on the detector. The output of the detector could be connected to a comparator circuit with some hysteresis. Google Schmitt trigger. When someone walks through the doorway, the IR beam would be broken, the detector would no longer be able to see it and its output would transition from high to low, or low to high depending on how you wire it. The output of the comparator would then feed into the clock input of the 4510 (what is now connected to the 555 output). Whether the comparator output transitions from low to high or high to low when a person walks through the doorway would determine whether the counter increments when the beam is broken or when it is restored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…