Circuit simulator for micrcontroller....

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiteshDR

hello all,

i am looking for circuit simulator which can help to create circuit schematic as well as PCB lay out.
if any one knows about please send me link...

thank you alll.....

Schematic capture, simulation, and PCB layout are all distinct functions. My guess is that in most packages you can have two out of three. OrCAD maybe will get you all three, but it's too expensive for my blood so I can't say for sure.

Papabravo said:
Schematic capture, simulation, and PCB layout are all distinct functions. My guess is that in most packages you can have two out of three. OrCAD maybe will get you all three, but it's too expensive for my blood so I can't say for sure.

thanks papabravo....

your guess is right that most of packages have two of them..
i have already OrCAD. but it doesnt support microcontroller.
i want the package which supports micro-controller..
if you have any link for such package please let me know..

thanks to you again.

I have found simulation useful for a great many things. A microcontroller is not one of them however. Integrating one into a circuit has been a straightforward task for the better part of the last 35 years. I can do it in my sleep. Writing the firmware/software has always been the larger challenge and even now edit-compile-burn seems to get the job done. Why spend time and money on useless distractions when you can go straight for the prize.

you are right...

Still, i would like to know about microcontroller's such software availibity in market.

Thank you for your valuable response...

I think the software package that can do what you require is Proteus 7 Professional. It allows for schematic circuits to be simulated, supports many micro processors, (including PIC) where the hex file is loaded into the simulation and executed.

From the schematic you can also create the Printed Circuit Board.

Here's the catch. Do you own your own country? That's what the software package cost, about the gross GDP of a small country

Have you tried multisim version11. It do support microcontrollers but limited in the models of microcontrollers supported.Which microcontroller are you talking about?

vinke said:
Have you tried multisim version11. It do support microcontrollers but limited in the models of microcontrollers supported.Which microcontroller are you talking about?

no i have not tried.

i think let me try first then i'll reply you
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…