Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Circuit to substitute switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zordon

Hi,
I only have normally closed pb switches and i need a switch with a Normally open and Normally closed connection. How can i accomplish this using digital circuitry instead of the correct part using only a normally closed pb.

I was thinking of a Mux but dont know how to approach this project.

If you want a momentary switch that is triggered electronically, you can use an XOR gate or an XNOR gate for a momentary normally on switch or a momentary normally off switch respectively. If you want them to switch simultaneously, just link them to the same trigger (see file). If you want a toggle switch with an electronic trigger, use a T-latch (see pic.). If you want to turn a normally closed electro-mechanical pushbutton into a normally open one, I guess you could throw a NOT gate in series with it...

Attachments

• momentary switch.pdf
    12.1 KB · Views: 136
  • T-latch.jpg
    T-latch.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 240
  • normally off.pdf
    9.1 KB · Views: 136
  • Normally on.pdf
    9.1 KB · Views: 121
Do you need an actual isolated switch contact or just a logic signal of the correct polarity?

Hi, JLNY post has been very helpful but I would need an isolated switch contact so I can have a clock going on the normally closed and a different signal on the normally open connection.

You are not clear with your description. Is it a SPDT or a DPST or a DPST (alternate action). Why not a litle schematic: In-Switch-Out. E

Sorry im not sure what it is called i guess i need a double pole single throw to have one normally open connection and one normally closed and to alternate when someone presses a normally open pb.

Sorry im not sure what it is called i guess i need a double pole single throw to have one normally open connection and one normally closed and to alternate when someone presses a normally open pb.

perhaps I am misunderstanding, but wouldn't my original "momentary switch" diagram work for that if you used the pb to control the trigger?

Attachments

• momentary switch2.pdf
    11.3 KB · Views: 139
hang on, I screwed up. the circuit I posted before does not work. This should work, I'm sure this time.

Attachments

• momentary switch (correct).pdf
    11.9 KB · Views: 122
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back