Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Circuitmaker 2000....

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamey

I tried finding this program recently and found it's no longer available and was sold to another company. I did find a trial download and played with it a bit and liked how it works (especially the digital simulation aspect).

So my question is: What other programs work similar to Circuitmaker 2000 that don't cost a fortune to buy (like something from Altium, who bought Circuitmaker out) or is overkill for what I'd use it for? I'd happily pay a couple hundred for a good program to design schematics and run simulations.

OR, if someone has a copy of CM2000 they don't use I'd glady buy it from you.

Many of us here use LTspice. It's free, powerful, and uncastrated (not a demo or student version). You can also get a lot of help here when you are trying to learn how to use it.

Last edited:
I took a quick look, and maybe I'm missing something, but it didn't see anything for digital simulation on LTSpice.

I want something that does digital the same as CM2000.

I took a quick look, and maybe I'm missing something, but it didn't see anything for digital simulation on LTSpice.

I want something that does digital the same as CM2000.
LTspice does digital simulation. I am not familiar with CM2000.

I haven't tried any other sim packages recently, but a couple years ago I tried CM2000 along with Protel, Altium and others. I just didn't like how others did their digital simulations, and while they are probably more powerful they just didn't work well when you wanted to quickly build a digital circuit and see how it works.

If anyone here has used CM2000 for digital simulation and can recommend a package that works siilarly, it'd be much appreciated.

Many of us here use LTspice. It's free, powerful, and uncastrated (not a demo or student version). You can also get a lot of help here when you are trying to learn how to use it.

Downloaded it and will try it. Thank's for the link!

This is an old thread, but is it still fee ? I downloaded the exe file at the link above but when I run it, I get and error.

This is an old thread, but is it still fee ? I downloaded the exe file at the link above but when I run it, I get and error.

hi,
Its still free from LTS,

There is also a free sign up Yahoo LTS User Group which has many add on features for LTS.
**broken link removed**

Which PC operating system are you using and what is the ERROR message.??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back