Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

circut designing

Status
Not open for further replies.

rahe_wafa20

i am new member of this forum . i want to learn circut designing any body can help. And if there are some tutorials on web post url

blueroomelectronics said:
Or join a local college.
Supose rahe_wafa20 takes your advice.

Four years later, he'll probably return to this forum an say "Dis is my finl year, plz can I hav a ckt 4 a dark detector plz." :D

Last edited:
Sad but true...

But on a positive note cats speak sms or whatever that's called.
**broken link removed**

It's called "lolcatz"--it's different from sms or txtspk. And bonus points if it mentions cheezburgerz. :)

Torben

lolcatz, txtspk I'd love to see a paper submitted to a professor written like that. Where did it come from? I've never seen anything like it before the forums.

lolcatz, txtspk I'd love to see a paper submitted to a professor written like that. Where did it come from? I've never seen anything like it before the forums.

Heh. Well lolspeak (sorry about that--lolcatz are the pictures) is itself something of a parody and is intentionally written that way. sms/txtspk is just people used to typing with their thumbs on phones who are too lazy to switch to normal language when a full keyboard is available. I think some kids actually think it's cool to type that way. lolcatz I like, lolspeak outside of lolcatz I find annoying, and I tend to ignore anything in sms unless it's actually on a phone. Leetspeak (l33tsp34|<) is another one, but that one only bugs me when somebody thinks they're being cool/elite by using it, when again it's usually (in my experience) most effectively used by code hackers to poke fun at ourselves.

Then we have folks whose second (or sixth) language is English but they have been misinformed that we like to use that kind of opaque crap.

I wish people still knew how to lurk for a month before posting to get a feel for a forum's culture, and would read the damn stickies.

Damn. I have spent way, way too much time on the intartubes over the past 15 years.

Torben

Last edited:
b.r.e. said:
Where did it come from?
I just looked up lolcat on wiki, and according to that, the phenomenon's only a little over a year old. As someone not familiar with expressing himself with such bleak extremity, I still have to say: I hate it.

I hate the cats. I hate the messages (whatever they are). I hate the phenomenon. Maybe I just don't get it, but I think a big part of that is that there's nothing in it to get. It's like when someone offers you a stick of gum, and all they hand you is a folded up piece of empty gum foil. I hate it. It's so stupid, and not a good kind of stupid.

Hank Fletcher said:
I just looked up lolcat on wiki, and according to that, the phenomenon's only a little over a year old. As someone not familiar with expressing himself with such bleak extremity, I still have to say: I hate it.

Nah, I've been seeing those things floating around for more than a year or two. They really exploded a bit over a year back, though.

I hate the cats. I hate the messages (whatever they are). I hate the phenomenon. Maybe I just don't get it, but I think a big part of that is that there's nothing in it to get. It's like when someone offers you a stick of gum, and all they hand you is a folded up piece of empty gum foil. I hate it. It's so stupid, and not a good kind of stupid.

Well, to each his own. They are very hit-and-miss with the humour (just like with most humour, come to that).

Then again, my sister and I can still send each other into paroxysms with "Cat fud cat fud cat fud ohpleaseohpleaseohplease" (Far Side reference). So I'm no yardstick for judging good comedy. :)

Torben

There's a big difference sending an sms message to a friends cell phone and posting a message on a public forum read around the world.
L8R

Oh, I get "cat fud." That's funny, even outside the main joke of the Far Side cartoon, which lends the whole many layers and makes it memorable. You think, "Stupid dog, he can't even spell food properly," and then you think, "Well, it's not bad spelling for a dog," and then you think, "Well, it's actually amazing that he was able to write anything remotely resembling a word, or even a letter, considering he has paws and therefore probably had to get someone, somehow to write the sign for him." And that's not even the main joke!

Lolcat on the otherhand is a perfect example of why certain people should never be given a soapbox or, if given one, only for the pleasure of people like me to kick it out from under them.

Last edited:
Hank Fletcher said:
Oh, I get "cat fud." That's funny, even outside the main joke of the Far Side cartoon, which lends the whole many layers and makes it memorable. You think, "Stupid dog, he can't even spell food properly," and then you think, "Well, it's not bad spelling for a dog," and then you think, "Well, it's actually amazing that he was able to write anything remotely resembling a word, or even a letter, considering he has paws and therefore probably had to get someone, somehow to write the sign for him." And that's not even the main joke!

Yep. I wonder if there are layers to Fred Basset that I've just been missing all these years.

Lolcat on the otherhand is a perfect example of why certain people should never be given a soapbox or, if given one, only for the pleasure of people like me to kick it out from under them.

Ah well. That's the net for ya. At least it's just annoying.

Torben

There's a big difference sending an sms message to a friends cell phone and posting a message on a public forum read around the world.
L8R

Absolutely. I even speak/write differently depending on the local culture. For the most part, on this forum I avoid netspeak which would be perfectly acceptable on usenet and many listservs and which is much older than web forums. It's just not part of the local culture as far as I've seen.

Torben

Ah well. That's the net for ya. At least it's just annoying.
I dunno. I'm wary of being too dismissive about the underlying influences of various media. You can say what you've said about "Hooked-on-Classics," and then you have to try to talk to people about dead composers (oxymoron?) without them imagining a disco beat behind the music. I once spoke with James Watson (trumpet player whose credits include the original Star Wars and Indiana Jones movies), and he said he was doing the Hooked-on-Classics series, and on a meal break from recording consequently wrote his resignation to the RPO on the back of a beer coaster.

Hank Fletcher said:
I dunno. I'm wary of being too dismissive about the underlying influences of various media. You can say what you've said about "Hooked-on-Classics," and then you have to try to talk to people about dead composers (oxymoron?) without them imagining a disco beat behind the music. I once spoke with James Watson (trumpet player whose credits include the original Star Wars and Indiana Jones movies), and he said he was doing the Hooked-on-Classics series, and on a meal break from recording consequently wrote his resignation to the RPO on the back of a beer coaster.

Sorry, I didn't mean the net is annoying--just that particular corner of it. I agree with you on the rest of it. But I stand by the "that's the net for ya" thing; the net by its very nature allows the irritating along with the worthwhile.

I've never been much of a believer in the blanket "the medium is the message" idea either (Bad Canuck! No poutine for me tonight!)

Torben

I've never been much of a believer in the blanket "the medium is the message" idea either (Bad Canuck! No poutine for me tonight!)
Don't worry, I've never played a hockey game in my life. And I'm not a great skater. In fact, I was actually an extra in a short film that once aired on Global TV in the mid-90s called "Can't Skate."

I'm a bit of a McLuhan fan, though, even though I still don't entirely understand his book, Understanding Media. I still find it good fuel for ideas, though, and just today I was thinking about picking it up and taking another crack at it. Some of the ideas seem almost purposefully enigmatic ("the medium is the message"), others poignantly topical ("global village"), and yet others likely yet perhaps unprovable (such as literacy being a mere transition in human expression).

Hank Fletcher said:
Don't worry, I've never played a hockey game in my life. And I'm not a great skater. In fact, I was actually an extra in a short film that once aired on Global TV in the mid-90s called "Can't Skate."

I'm a bit of a McLuhan fan, though, even though I still don't entirely understand his book, Understanding Media. I still find it good fuel for ideas, though, and just today I was thinking about picking it up and taking another crack at it. Some of the ideas seem almost purposefully enigmatic ("the medium is the message"), others poignantly topical ("global village"), and yet others likely yet perhaps unprovable (such as literacy being a mere transition in human expression).

Absolutely. I like that he wrote to make the reader think, not just to tell the reader what to think.

Torben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back