Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

class 2 charger for SLA battery HELP, PLEASE?!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmisko

Ok, it's the best portable work radio I've ever had, a friend through thick and thin. But the transformer is damaged - a JohnLite model 1949 Class 2 charger input 120V60Hz6.4VA with output of 7V and 300 mA. Evidently that combination doesn't seem to be used anymore because I cannot find a comparable replacement ANYWHERE! What can I do? It does seem that there are plenty 6V 300mA transformer/chargers available. could I use one of those without damaging the battery? if it just takes longer to charge that's fine. But I have the barest understanding that charging SLA batteries is somewhat complicated.

Any thoughts from the electronic wizards? much thanks! jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back